Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Cake Corner

This is my cake corner. Well, it's not so much MY cake corner as the Bakery corner. I do share it with two other people, but I spend more time in this corner then anyone else, so I guess it's OK to call it my corner.



Today is August 10, 2010 and here is the first post of the Daily Dump!




Here we have a chocolate whipped cake. It was a cake I made for the case and this design of the corner roses and reverse shell border is a common design and is kind of the 'standard' feminine cake. While whipped icing is fairly temperamental and can be hard to work with if it isn't just at the right temperature, I think the whipped icing makes the most gorgeous roses.




I love love love this kit! We don't carry it here in the bakery, but a customer brought it in for us to use and I think it's so adorable! And it has pirates! The only way this cake could be any more awesome was if she has asked for a ninja too!




I had no clue how I was going to do this cake. The customer wanted a Tee-Pee cake with designs around it. So I essentially wracked my brain for any and all Native American designs or imagery I could recall. I'm fairly pleased with how it came out.



Pathetic cake is pathetic! This is a 1/8 yellow buttercream cake for Bob. His wife just wanted balloons, which is fine. I like simple cakes. They are easy to do and take less then five minutes to crack out. And when you're closing the Bakery, the last thing you want is a long list of detailed, complicated cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment