Thursday, August 12, 2010

Daily Dump

Another Daily dump! It's a small dump today. Not many orders and the case was pretty much full. Or it was ten minutes before I left and suddenly everyone needed a cake just before 3:00pm. Luckily I open tomorrow so I can fill it up when I get in!



This is the worst of the cake kits we carry. Hannah Montana. Not even mentioning the fact it's HELLA popular. I can't stand this cake. The design is awful and our airbrush gun is far too unwieldy for us to properly do that airbrush work. As you can see from my picture, it looks like shit. Plus, this ungodly hummidity does horrible horrible things to icing. Just look at those corners?! The icing got soupy and when I tried smoothing it out, it just pulled back making those horrible stretch marks. ANNA KATE'S CAKE HAS STRETCH MARKS!!!



Awesome cake. Yellow cake, chocolate buttercream, and a simple yet pretty design. I don't mean to sound like I am encouraging people to compromise with simple cake designs, but...ah, hell that's exactly what I'm saying. I'M NOT DA VINCI DAMMIT! And I have other cakes to do!




I like how this one came out. The border got a bit wonky, but really we're not suppose to use the big tips on the sheet cakes. They're actually cupcake tips, used to ice cupcakes. What a novelty, huh?








The Coca Cola vendors ordered this cake for a friend who is retiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment