Monday, August 9, 2010

The Cake is not a lie

You all have been told a devious lie, a lie that has found its way into every nook and cranny of the Internet through the digital phenomenon of the Meme. The Cake is a Lie. From our first infantile steps -wobbly and unsteady- through the tangled webs of the social medium we know as the Internet, we were told the cake was a lie. That its velveteen layers of cakey goodness were but an illusion and it's decadent folds of frosting were but a bitter tease to cover the horrible truth that the passionate scrawl of 'Happy Birthday' and other well wishings were for naught.

The Cake is a lie.

Well I say nay! Nay, I say. Nay nay and a bushel of hay! A bushel of hay I say!

I have come to learn through a series of brutal trials that the cake is no lie, no phantom, but a chameleon: An ever changing form of sweetness and delight. From the classic yellow sponge and buttercream to the decadent Devils food and whipped cream with all the colors and combination you can think of!

The Cake is.

I do not claim to be a cake expert. In all truth, I am a novice. My experience is limited to what a grocery store bakery can do. But you would be surprised at what a grocery store bakery can do when there is a passionate decorator behind the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment